Table of Contents
- 36. 48 HOURS IN ASTORIA – Spend a fun weekend in this Columbia River town that offers fascinating history along with great restaurants, breweries, and art galleries.
- 44. ASTORIA’S RESTAURANT RENAISSANCE – From Bosnian comfort food to innovative Northwest cuisine, you’ll find a multitude of options in Astoria’s burgeoning restaurant scene.
- 48. CAREFREE COASTAL LIVING – If you’re looking for an investment that offers views and amenities, but not a lot of upkeep, consider a property managed by a homeowners association.
- 54. THE MARKET, THEN AND NOW – Alicia Spooner looks at the real estate market 30 years after she and her husband bought this magazine in 1998.
- 62. FISHING THE ROCKS – Fishing off a jetty is affordable, relatively easy, and doesn’t require a boat.
- 66. WOODCRAFTER’S PARADISE – At the Coos Bay Boat Building Center, you can build anything from a wooden spoon to a red cedar canoe.
- 70. TIDAL MARSHES – Salt marshes, important contributors to the coastal ecosystem, are wonderful places to observe birds and the ebb and flow of tides.